One of the many ways to add personality to your home is through upholstery! But if you’re planning on drinking ice cold beverages, sometimes it can leave behind stains. Upholstery Cleaning Canberra found a stain that won’t budge, read this article for some tips on how you can get it cleaned.
How to Clean Cold Drink Stains from Upholstery
If you’ve spilled a cold drink on your couch or upholstery, there are several ways to clean it. You can use a household cleaner like dish soap and water, or an enzyme-based cleaner like CLR.
To clean with dish soap and water: Pour a small amount of dish soap into your hand and wet it. Reach down and dab the liquid onto the stain. Scrub the area with a clean cloth until the stain is gone.
To clean with CLR: Pour CLR onto the stain and spread it around using a cloth or brush. Let the cleaner work for about 30 minutes, then rinse the area well.
Steps to Remove Cold Drink Stains
If you’ve spilled a cold drink on your upholstery, here are four easy steps to remove the stain:
- Immediately wet the area with water.
- Apply a mild dishwashing soap to a cloth and scrub the area clean. Be sure to work into the fabric fibers to remove all of the stain.
- Rinse with clear water and blot dry.
- If necessary, repeat Step 2 and 3 until the stain is gone.
Best Products for Cleaning
If you spilled a cold drink on your couch, there’s no need to panic. In fact, there are several safe and effective ways to clean the stain without any harsh chemicals. Carpet Cleaning Canberra are the best products for cleaning cold drink stains from upholstery:
1. White Vinegar: White vinegar is a natural cleaner that works well to remove food stains and other messes from fabric. Simply pour white vinegar onto the stain, let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub with a cloth or sponge. Vinegar also has a disinfecting effect, so it can help prevent future spills from happening.
2. Baking Soda: Baking soda is another great all-purpose cleaner that can be used to remove food and beverage stains from fabric. Simply sprinkle baking soda on the stain, wait until it begins to fizz, then scrub with a cloth or sponge. Baking soda is also known to have an abrasive effect, which helps remove stubborn stains.
3. Lemon Juice: Lemons are another great option for cleaning liquid spills on surfaces like draperies and furniture. Just cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juices into the spillage area; allow the juice to soak into the fabric for about 5 minutes before wiping clean with a dry cloth or sponge. Lemons also have an acidic property that helps break down food residues and neutralize odors.
Blotting Paper and Fabric Softener Sheets
Cleaning cold drink stains from upholstery is a quick and easy process with the right tools. One effective way to clean cold drink stains is to use blotting paper and fabric softener sheets.
Blot the stain with the blotting paper first. Then, add some fabric softener to the blotter and rub it into the stain. Wipe off the excess fabric softener with a dry cloth. Repeat if needed.
If you’ve got a cold drink stain on your upholstery, there are a few different ways to get it out. The most effective method is probably going to depend on the type of stain and the fabric of the upholstery. However, in general, here are some tips:
- If the stain is liquid or semi-liquid, use warm water and a mild soap. Scrub the area until the stain disappears.
- If the stain is dried, powdery or crusted, use rubbing alcohol and a cloth dampened with water. Rubbing alcohol will break down the coating on the fabric fibers and cause them to absorption moisture. Apply pressure with your cloth while scrubbing until all traces of the stain have been removed.
Read More: Carpet Cleaning Canberra