Keeping your home safe and secure is something that should always be at the forefront of your mind. You might not think you need to take the same measures as some other people, but anyone could find themselves in a situation where keeping their home safe is necessary. Thankfully, there are ways to keep your home safer than ever before with the help of rekeying locks and you can call for emergency locksmith in Bury
In this blog post, we’ll give you an introduction to rekeying locks so you can see if it’s something that might work for you too. Keep reading to learn more about how this process works and what benefits it could bring into your life.
- What Is Rekeying?
- Why should your rekey?
- Installing new locks with rekeying
- What to know before rekeying
What Is Rekeying?
Rekeying means replacing the key components of your locks with new ones provided by a locksmith. During rekeying, a set of new keys is made from the existing lock assembly, and the old ones are cut off so that you no longer have access to your old keys. Replacing all of the working components in your lock can double (or triple) its security level against locksmiths.
Why should you rekey?
When you need to change your lock code, or install a new lock, rekeying is the safest and most affordable way to assure your lock is working properly. Rekeying locks will never leave you vulnerable to a break in.
With the right key code, you can lock and unlock doors more quickly, duplicating your keys to give to those with limited mobility. This also enables increased safety when you bring guests over to do a quick re-key without having to make a trip back home for their own set.
Installing new locks with rekeying
The rekeying process involves experienced 24 Hour Locksmith, working carefully and taking care that everything goes as planned.
Use a push-button rekeying tool to alter the locks in order to replace old keys with new ones. In many models, you can use a standard three-pin key blank or have the locks expertly re-keyed at a locksmith’s shop or professional business.
If you need to replace your deadbolt lock, you may be able to fix it by rekeying it yourself. Fortunately, it is easy to rekey a lock if you know what tools and materials you need.
What to know before rekeying
The first thing to do when rekeying your house is to get rid of all of the mechanical locks. Mechanical locks are very easy to pick and are a great way to get into your house without breaking a window or drilling through the door. Then, you’ll need keys that match your locks.
Rekeying is the process of changing the pins in your locks so that you can use a new key. It’s an easy and inexpensive way to update the look of your home and secure your locks. Please check with your landlord or property manager to make sure there are no restrictions relating to additional keys. The locks must match the rest of the house in style, finish color and level of security.
For safe and secure entry, be sure to always use a key that will work in all of your locks.
REKEYS are designed to prevent a third party from making a copy of your key. When rekeying an existing lock, it is important to follow proper procedure so as not to compromise its security.
Benefits of Rekeying:
- There are many benefits of rekeying your locks. If you live and work in the same area for a long time, your lock and key hardware can become weak. This can impact the security and safety of your home, as well as provide a cost-prohibitive option for crime prevention as there will be a noticeable increase in security system usage when rekeyed locks are put in place.
- Rekeying locks could help you protect your home and family from a lockout situation. It is important that you rekey your locks after every lock change if you keep up with regular maintenance of your locks. The main benefit of rekeying your locks is it has a high security as it would be difficult for someone to break in through them.
- Rekeying locks is a quick, affordable and effective way to improve your home’s security. It will prevent you from losing your important belongings, helping you feel safer and more in control of your property.
- The benefits of rekeying locks include a more secure installation, a reduced chance for false keys and duplicates, and faster access to your home.
- This protects you from thieves and other intruders, ensuring that your property is always protected. With rekeying locks, keys will no longer fit in the lockbox. It is a quick installation process, as all you need to do is use the new key.
- When your locks become damaged or need replacing, you can rekey them yourself with a few simple tools.
In conclusion, rekeying the locks in your business park with the right locks will help to keep your business safe and private. You can have peace of mind when you have a secure back up plan in place for all of your office doors and security doors.
Rekeying locks is one of the most effective ways to make sure those precious assets stay safe, especially in a world where technology has made it almost impossible for employees to keep their employers’ personal information out of the wrong hands.