WordPress is free and open-source software that was introduced in 2003. It is a top-notch platform order to build an eye-catching website even without knowing coding skills. However, adding numerous pages to your site is somehow necessary as it gives fruitful pieces of information. Pages in WordPress can be standalone and hierarchical, which means a page can have its own sub-pages. Page and sub-pages are even called parent and child pages, respectively. You can consult a Professional WordPress Support Company to learn how to efficiently create a sub-page to better organize your pages in WordPress.
What Is A Sub-Page In WordPress?
In General, business websites use pages when building a website structure. If there are too many pages to add in WordPress, then it becomes nasty to organize them appropriately without overlapping. In such a scenario, child pages have to be inserted into the pages accordingly. For example, you have to create an ‘About us page or the ‘Contact us page. They can be hierarchical, which means you can categorize them with parent and child pages. Hence, you can create a broader page as a ‘Parent’ and then Add a Subpage in WordPress to better outline your website structure and layout.
However, you can take Professional WordPress Help from our dexterous tech geeks to grab effectual ideas for creating child pages in WordPress. They are WordPress certified and have immense years of work experience in managing WordPress sites professionally and proficiently.
Step-by-step Instructions To Add Subpage in WordPress
The comprehensive guidelines for creating a sub-page in WordPress are enumerated underneath. All you require to do is to follow the provided course of action one after another. Let’s implement without any delay:
Step 1: Login To Your WordPress Website
In the very beginning step, you are required to log in to your WordPress blog using the correct credentials. If you do not have a WordPress blog, then simply browse the official WordPress and click on the button that says “Get Started Here.” It will directly take you through the signup process, where you have to enter your personal information like your name and any required information.
If you have more than one WordPress site, make sure the active one is the actual site you want to add sub-pages to your WordPress. If not, click on the “Switch Site” tab in the top-left corner of your WordPress dashboard.
Step 2: Go To The “Pages” Section
Now, once you are on the WordPress website to which you would like to add the sub-page, you’re good to go. Here’s what to perform:
- Go to the panel on the left-hand side of the screen.
- There, you will see the “Pages” tab. Give a click on it.
Step 3: Click The “Add New” Tab
- After clicking on the “Pages” tab, a list of options will appear on the screen.
- Locate the “Add New” button and give an instant click on it.
- Further, you will be prompted to select a template or work from a blank page. Thus, you can do either to continue.
- When the new page form appears, type a title and any additional content that you want to be posted to your page.
Howsoever, there is a requirement for a parent page under which you can hassle-freely create your subpage. So, if you don’t have a parent page, repeat the above steps to add a new page that will be your parent page.
Step 4: Click The “Page Attributes” Tab
- Now, under “Discussion and Excerpt”, you will see the “Page Attributes” tab in the lower right corner of the WordPress admin area.
- If you are unable to see this menu on the right side of your screen, immediately click the gear icon.
- This gear icon indicates “Settings” located in the top right corner of the web page, just next to “Publish.”
- After doing so, the menu will appear.
- Now, from the listed options, place a click on the “Page Attributes” tab.
Step 5: Go To The “Parent Page” Section
- Now, in the next step, you need to navigate to the “Parent Page.”
- Then, place a click on the blank box under the section of “Parent Page” and select the relevant option from the drop-down.
- Afterward, you’ll be able to select a Parent page from all the pages you’ve created on your WordPress site. So, frequently opt for the page as per your requirement.
Step 6: Tap The “Publish” Button Twice
- Now, in the end, you have to give a single click on the “Publish” tab.
- After doing so, you’ll be asked to confirm your choice.
- Now, the selected page will be published in a second.
- After publishing the page, you have to click the “WordPress” icon in the top left corner of your web browser.
- Then, click “View Pages” to go back to your WordPress dashboard. You can see all your pages at a Professional WordPress Support Company.
You’ll see sub-pages are already indented under the parent pages.
Step 7: Change a Parent Page To A Sub-Page
To change a parent page to a child page, or sub-page, here’s what you need to perform:
- First, click on the three-dot menu and select the “Edit” tab.
- Thereafter, change the “Parent Page” under the “Page Attributes” header.
- You can also convert a sub-page to a parent page by making the text box empty and representing no other page as the parent page.
This is how you can generate a sub-page in WordPress with the Professional WordPress Help.
Connect Professional WordPress Support Company For More Help
We hope the above-said information has helped you learn how to create a child page on the WordPress website. In case you confront any technical glitches, get in touch with our Professional WordPress Support Company for a complete guide at an affordable cost. You can feel free to give us a call at the 24×7 helpline support number. We are round the clock ready to assist you.