Have your teeth caught up to your age? As with increased age, loss of teeth is one of the most common complaints. Not just that, but due to trauma or an accident, one might lose one or multiple teeth, which can scar their confidence for life.
Dental prosthetics are the solution to all! These are made up of a social plastic material that mimics the look of our natural teeth. Thus, when you open your mouth, someone can barely distinguish between that prosthetic and your surrounding regular teeth.
As they are removable, you also get the advantage of easy handling and easier oral hygiene. However, if you’ve been confused about these dentures and how to get a full-fledged idea of them, this is your takeaway blog to help!
Continue reading as we explore the different aspects of opting for removable dentures described by Jacksonville denture experts. Let’s get started.
Types Of Removable Dentures
Dentures can be broadly classified into two types, complete and incomplete dentures.
Complete dentures are those which replace the entire set of teeth of either upper or the lower jaw. Well, complete dentures again have another two types: conventional full dentures and implant-supported overdentures.
Conventional complete dentures are crafted so that one can hardly understand that the framework of your teeth went through any cosmetic procedure. Therefore, despite a quick fix, it provides a long-lasting, effective solution.
Per dentist in Jacksonville, Implant-supported overdentures have become necessary along with other prosthetic treatments. They give the extra support needed to keep the entire teeth set in a fixed place and healthy.
Partial dentures are used to correct only the teeth which are lost specifically. The types of partial removable dentures are acrylic dentures, metal removable partial dentures, and flex dentures.
Acrylic dentures are made of a plastic material called acrylic, the most widely used partial dentures. However, they have a drawback that they break easily. On top of that, adjusting to them might take quite a long time.
Nowadays, they have become less preferred due to their instability. But this is the best deal for you if you are trying to get treatment within your budget or at a much lower cost.
Metal Removable Partial Dentures
Metal removable partial dentures are those which involve a metal frame and last for quite a long time. The metal alloy used here is chrome Cobalt which is not very thick. This makes the entire less noticeable and resistant at the same time.
On top of that, they leave the patient in no discomfort and are easy to adjust to. But the minimum compromise is that they might not look as good as acrylic dentures.
Flexi dentures are a new invention of today’s modern technology. The best part of them lies in their extreme durability. Not just that, but they are pretty comfortable as well.
No metal is involved, and they mimic the natural teeth so perfectly that no compromise has to be made concerning looks. On top of that, they are lightweight and flexible. Hence the treatment gets easier for even the dentist.
Benefits Of Removable Dentures
So, let’s talk about why you would not think twice before getting removable dentures if you ever go through concerning problems.
- Restore the natural look: Missing or damaged teeth eventually lead to numerous inferiorities, affecting confidence. So, in that case, these removable dentures will no doubt boost your confidence, providing you with the desired smile as they leave no gap to mimic the natural teeth.
- Restore your everyday oral activities: Another primary function that makes these dentures much more demanding is their vital function. They restore the typical activities performed by the teeth in daily life, not letting you feel anytime you wear artificial teeth.
- They’re effectively strong: There are no second thoughts about the overall strength of these dentures. When cared for, they possess the ability to last for a lifetime if taken care of properly.
- Durable and practical: They are durable to wear and tear, thus giving you a chance to flaw your teeth with just a one-time investment. Besides, as these dentures provide lifetime facilities with a one-time investment, the cost-effective term is meant to fit them.
- Improve your speech: A missing tooth can undoubtedly affect your speech as these are involved in word formation. So, dentures are a permanent solution for you to bring back your attractive tone of talking without sounding awkward.
So, that’s all about it! With this, we hope that it leads you to the right decision of whether or not to opt for the denture procedure. However, if you still feel there’s more you want to know, book a general consultant with your dentist.