Local SEO may seem overwhelming at first, with so much information out there on how to get started and grow your local business online. There are plenty of articles out there that tell you what you need to do to achieve success, but few that outline the steps involved in getting your local business ranking where it needs to be to start seeing results. In this guide, we’ll walk you through five easy steps that can help you start an SEO agency Vancouver in no time!
1) Understand Google My Business
The first step is understanding Google My Business. This is the platform on which you’ll have a Google profile and can provide information about your business.
It also allows you to manage your online reputation. You can add photos of your business, share news and videos, or post reviews of your company on this site.
The second step is understanding what keywords are best for local SEO. These are words that people use when they search online with their location nearby to find businesses like yours nearby.
It is important to choose keywords that are relevant to your business and that people will use when looking for it near them.
The third step is understanding the competitive landscape of local SEO services in Vancouver, BC.
2) Optimize your website for local keywords
Search engine optimization services Vancouver and search engine marketing in Vancouver is two of the most important aspects of SEO.
They are what will make your website more visible when people search for local businesses on a search engine.
Optimizing your website for local keywords is an integral part of any successful business strategy. To do this, you need to optimize your business listings with relevant information, ensure that all content on your site is localized, and use geo-targeted keywords in social media posts.
The best way to take advantage of these tactics is by enlisting the help of a professional search engine optimization company like us here at LocalHive Marketing. Our team has years of experience in the industry and can help you reach new customers from all over the world.
3) Get listed in local directories
The first thing you need to do is find a reputable search engine optimization company that can help you reach your goals. You should be looking for someone who specializes in local SEO since this is what you need.
The best way to find the right person is by asking around and reading reviews of different companies. Once you have narrowed it down, pick up the phone and ask for their services.
If you’re able to get them on the phone or if they email you back quickly with a response, then they are likely a good choice. The next step is getting citations built.
4) Build citations
1) You will need a website.
2) Get on social media.
3) Create a blog post about your services and the benefits of using them.
4) Submit your website to directories like Yelp, Google Local, and Manta.
5) Optimize your content for search engines with keywords that are going to make you rank high in results pages (e.g., best local SEO company).
6) Monitor what you’re doing with analytics tools like Google Analytics, Search Console, or Webmaster Tools.
7) Assess progress by tracking traffic, conversions, and costs of lead generation campaigns when compared to actual leads generated
5) Promote positive customer reviews
These days, social media can make or break a business. This is especially true for local businesses. Here are seven tips for getting more reviews from your customers:
1) Make it clear where and how people can leave you feedback. We have a leave our feedback link at the bottom of every page on our website so that customers know where to go if they have something to say about our company.
If you don’t have a website, find out what people use most often (like Facebook or Yelp) and put those links somewhere visible on your storefront or products.
2) Add customer testimonials to your website or social media pages so potential customers can see what other people think of the products and services you offer.