Nothing gets as cluttered as a bathroom countertop. The morning rush wreaks havoc on the best of us, leaving a daily layer of debris piling up: toothbrushes, makeup, shaving cream, hair ties, countless lotions, soaps, balms, and hair dryers.
Depending on your morning routine, you might use a half-dozen different forms of makeup before you even brush your teeth! The best way to organize your makeup is to dedicate a bag to the purpose. Make a point of restricting your makeup supplies to what fits in the bag.
Get your bathroom organized to prevent clutter and make your morning routine less stressful.
Bathroom Organization Ideas
The key to organizing your bathroom is to create a place to keep your most-used items. This will usually require getting things off your bathroom countertop since there’s only so much room on the periphery of your bathroom sink.
That means you’ll have to get creative when it comes to organizing bathroom storage locations like:
Related Topic: How to Decorate a Guest Bathroom
Whether you have a spacious cabinet beneath your bathroom sink or a standalone sink, utilizing this space helps you make the most of the sink’s footprint. The key to knowing how to organize under your bathroom sink is to assign space to the essentials and find a new home for other items:
- Store cleaning supplies somewhere else if space is limited. If your bathroom cabinets are filled beyond capacity, move your cleaning supply caddy to a high shelf in a nearby closet. Not only will this create more room, but it will also put those cleaning chemicals further out of reach for young family members.
- Use clear bins. Place clear acrylic storage bins below the cabinet and label them based on what goes in each bin or drawer. You might even assign a drawer to a specific family member. If their drawer is overfilled, they need to pare down their bathroom stuff!
- Use the backs of cabinet doors. Just like hanging your towels on the back of the bathroom door, use small organization hooks and bins to store small items like toothpaste, contact cleaning solution, or deodorant where it’s easily accessible yet still out of the way and out of sight.
- Use drawer dividers. Create a space for all of your everyday items with drawer dividers. You can find drawer dividers online, at a local hardware store, or you could make your own!
Install Over-the-Toilet Bathroom Shelves
Maid Service Vancouver Not enough storage under your sink? Add storage over your throne! Installing additional bathroom storage with weight-bearing shelves over your toilet or anywhere else you have room is a smart way to get organized:
- You can greatly increase your bathroom’s storage with additional shelving. This is a great way to keep items within reach but away from countertops. Like your cabinet drawers, you can further organize this area by using clear bins that allow users to see exactly what’s inside. Match your bathroom décor with wicker baskets or small porcelain bowls but find a balance between form and function.
- Keep hand towels handy. Roll up hand towels and washcloths and store them on dedicated bathroom shelving. This is a handy way to keep tabs on when you need to do laundry next by giving you an easy look at how many are clean. It also prevents the problem of forgetting your towel!
- . The key to knowing how to organize under your bathroom sink is to assign space to the essentials and find a new home for other items:
Need help getting your bathroom shelves installed correctly? Mr. Handyman, a fellow Neighborly company offers custom shelving installation to organize your bathroom—or any other room in your home.
How to Organize Your Makeup in the Bathroom
Depending on your morning routine, you might use a half-dozen different forms of makeup before you even brush your teeth! T犀利士 he best way to organize your makeup is to dedicate a bag to the purpose. Make a point of restricting your makeup supplies to what fits in the bag.
Here’s the only tip you need: put your makeup back in your bag when you’re done with it— every time.
The Ultimate Tip to Declutter the Bathroom Is…
Using the bathroom organization tips above will help, but there’s one tip that will always help your family stick to your bathroom tidiness goals: create and enforce a “clear countertop” rule. With this rule, nothing stays on the countertop except hand soap. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, glasses, and everything else has a place in a drawer, under the bathroom sink, or on a nearby shelf.
Make consistent cleaning a part of your bathroom hygiene routine. Get a helping hand with recurring cleaning services from your local Molly Maid.
Stay on Top of Your Bathroom Cleaning with Molly Maid
You keep your bathroom tidy; and we’ll help keep it clean. When it comes to cleaning, your trusted and reliable professionals at your local Molly Maid can make your bathroom, and the rest of your home shine. Let us put together a cleaning plan that meets both your needs and your schedule. Whether you weekly, occasional, or special event cleaning we can help you get it all done. Give us a call (800) 654-9647 or request an estimate online today.