The position of Mudra and Bandha is third in Hatha Yoga. The word Mudra is derived from the suffix ‘Rak’ in the root ‘Mudharshe’. Which means – ‘happy state’. In yogic texts, the meaning of Mudra is often taken as the specific expression of the organs. Today’s article is about Unmani Mudra. In this article, you will be able to know what is the method and benefits of doing Unmani Mudra Kriya Yoga? So let’s start –
The word Unmani Mudra means ‘dispassionate’ or ‘not thinking’. And it can also be interpreted as ‘Nirvichar Vritti’ or ‘Meditation’. Unmani denotes that state which is beyond thought, where all attachments to the subject world disappear. In this state, the mind remains active and work is done, but there is no interruption of dialectical thoughts and analysis. This is the mad state.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you should add the Weight Loss Retreat.
Method of doing Unmani Mudra –
- First of all, sit comfortably in any posture of meditation like Vajrasana, Padmasana, or Sukhasana.
- It is more beneficial than doing it in Siddhasana or Siddhayoni posture.
- Now open your eyes completely, but do not apply unnecessary stress.
- Take a long deep breath and while holding it in, focus your awareness on the point in the back of your head for a few moments.
- While exhaling your breath, lower your awareness with the breath through the chakras located in the spine, Ajna, Vishuddhi, Anahata, Manipura, Swadhisthana, and Muladhara.
- Simultaneously, start closing your eyes slowly.
- By the time the awareness reaches the Mooladhara, the eyes should be completely closed.
- At the time when the eyes are open, the awareness should be inward.
- Let this process happen smoothly, don’t try too hard.
- This one cycle of Unmani Mudra is completed.
- Now take a deep breath and start the next cycle.
- Similarly, practice Unmani Mudra for 5 to 10 minutes.
Limitations of Unmani Mudra –
It is most necessary to keep in mind the following facts –
1- People who are suffering from glaucoma should not practice this mudra.
2- Those with diabetic retinopathy or who have just had cataract surgery, lens implant, or other eye operation should not do the levitating posture.
3- Always unmans mudra should be done only under the guidance of a competent teacher.
Benefits of Unmani Mudra –
- Physically this exercise is very simple.
- Unmani Mudra is a simple technique that leads to a meditative state.
- By doing this the seeker attains a state of higher consciousness.
- It removes general discomfort and excitement.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you can learn a 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
Hope you must have liked this article and now you must have understood well about this yoga posture. And if you also want to be healthy then practice yoga mudra daily and keep yourself physically and mentally healthy. There are many types of yoga mudras, you can also practice them like Sahajoli Mudra, Ashwini Mudra, Manduki Mudra, Prana Mudra, Tadagi Mudra, Maha Mudra, Maha Vedha Mudra, Maha Bheda Mudra, and Vajroli Mudra.